The Community Church is composed of approximately 200 men, women and children from many different backgrounds. We are committed to helping each other develop our Christian faith and want to see Christians of all denominations worshipping and serving God together.
Our key values are:
- Jesus is our centre
- Love is our goal and motivation
- The Holy Spirit is our chief resource
- Prayer is our key
- The Bible is our inspiration
- Mission is our expression
The Community Church is committed to providing a network of support to members as well as to those outside the church. We aim to be part of the local community in practical ways, in addition to spreading the good news about Jesus Christ. Our vision statement sums this up as:
To be a church that demonstrates the reality of God's love and power, so that we can impact the people and structures of the Royal Borough of Kingston and its locality.
The Community Church is part of 'Churches Together in Surbiton' (CTS) and 'Churches in Chessington and Hook Acting Together' (CHAT), is a member of the Evangelical Alliance and works with the Pioneer Team.
The Community Church is evangelical and charismatic. We believe the following truths which should result in mutual love, practical Christian service and evangelical concern:
The sovereignty of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in all creation.
- The divine inspiration of the Bible and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- The sinfulness of the fallen human race, so that all people deserve God's judgement.
- Because God loves us so much, He sent His son Jesus as a human being to die in our place. This alone can save us from God's judgement and set us completely free from the guilt, power and consequences of sin. It brings us back into relationship with God by His grace through faith in Christ.
- The indwelling and life changing work of God the Holy Spirit, his fruit and his gifts in believers and the Church.
- All believers make up the universal Church of which Christ is the Head and which is committed to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- The visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory and the resurrection to eternal life of all believers.
The Welcome Pack|
An eight page booklet that tells you all you need to know about The Community Church, it's beliefs and it's activities.
Click here to download the PDF